Top 10 Signs that He is Only a Fling – Only Fun Rather Than Being Real
You’ve seen this guy a couple of times, probably made some drunken text or phone calls, you wonder if he is for real or he is only a fling. Well, there are of course signs to tell you whether or not he is for real, and here they are:
1. The time you spend with him is just fun. You have non-stop party time, fun time…every time. This unfortunately is not reality (or at the very least, the relationship has not exactly become the reality as yet.)
2. You both magically lose your life outside the relationship. It suddenly feels like the world only belongs to you and him and no body else. Basically, you forget you had a life before him, cancel all your plans with your friends and in fact, you don’t even remember the last time you spent apart from him.
3. This one is the opposite of number 2, where you don’t get to see him much at all. You ‘catch up’ once in a while casually and no one seems to (or pretends not to) expect another date beyond this one.
4. When you are actually together you tend to get a little too physical without actually talking to each other.
5. If you are lucky enough to talk, the conversation you have is very unimportant and shallow. I am talking about those flirty conversation foreplay rather than the deep conversation about values, goals and dreams.
6. Come to think of it, you’ve never seen his driver licence, nor he ever seen yours. In other words, you don’t even know each other’s last name – assuming his first name he told you is real.
7. You know he is dating other women and he doesn’t even make any excuse for it.
8. He is actually on holidays right now – or on working holiday visa without any real plan to stay. So you both still don’t know what happens when he goes on his pre-determined flight to his home country in two weeks.
9. Whenever he talks about his plan in the future (if he does talk), it doesn’t include you in it – not even a hypothetical example.
10. After a romantic weekend away with him you STILL are not sure when you’ll see him again. The sentence “see you soon” has got no meaning to you because he’s been using that same phrase without any real follow through.